Summary Arsenal vs Portsmouth Summary Arsenal vs Portsmouth

seestyle

18 Eyl 2022
I was only able to catch 35 minutes of the game and I am sure glad that is all I seen. Arsenal tryed to play in their traditional manner of pa s and move but it effectively failed with plenty of poor pa ses and little pa ses back and forth Troy Brown Jr. Jersey with no real penertration when they went forward.Portsmouth were definately playing for the point employing a 4-5-1 formation and never really attacking just sitting back and waiting for Arsenal to bring the game to them before trying to counter attack the Gunners.With the defensive fraility of the Arsenal team these limited counter attacks nearly produced a goal but at the other end of the field David James was making every Portsmouth fan nervous with his horrible display of saves via cro ses Davis Bertans Jersey .Adebayor had the best chances of the game mi sing two easy shots one from a denilson cro s which was put on a plate for Adebayor only to somehow mi s to the left in around the 60th minute. Late on in the second half Nasri, Bendtner and Vela were trying hard to get the Gunners in front but just lacked the vital edge to score with Van Persie on the bench po sibly injured.In the 81st minute Arsenal gained a free kick on the left side Jerome Robinson Jersey of the field which Denilson brillantly whipped in for James to horribly misjudge and Gallas to head in with his no fear approach.The remaining 15 minutes were played with confidence by the Gunners beginning to create better build up play and almost netting a second while comfortably dealing with Portsmouth attacks.The game and goal was no where near convincing for a struggling Arsenal outfit still a ma sive 10 points behind league leaders Liverpool but it does give them hope after a series of poor results Michael Jordan Jersey . A win is a win that is the way Arsenal are taking it but they look like a team that will struggle against anyone that puts up a real fight like anyone inside the top 10.Wengers comments on the key absence of Van Persie:I took the decision not to start him because he was on the edge because he gave absolutely everything on Friday. I didnt want to take a gamble to bring him on because in cold weather like that he would need a long warm-up and I believe it would not have been alright.Lets hope that is all that is wrong with him and not another injury to a depleted Arsenal squad.So next week Arsenal take on Bolton at home another must win game Raul Neto Jersey but also another game where the Gunners may struggle to play the traditional style that we have seen for the last 10+ years of the Wenger rein.

Üst